There is no better time than the new year to reflect on your priorities. As you consider ways to make this year even better than the last, think about how you cared for your teeth. Was dental health a priority? Did you skip flossing most nights? Or maybe you kept forgetting to schedule your semi-annual exams. Does one of your family members neglect their dental health? If so, continue reading to find out how to make a commitment to your dental health and learn what kinds of incentives we’re offering to make it easy for you.
- Schedule your exams NOW! Before time gets away from you and my appointment calendar fills up, call my office and schedule BOTH of your semi-annual appointments. Once it’s on your calendar, you can forget about it until you receive your appointment reminder call.
- Set aside time for an evening oral health routine. You make time for your morning routines, right? So why not do the same in the evening? Instead of waiting until you’re too tired to brush and floss, set a daily alarm to remind you that it’s time to take care of your teeth. Even if you’re not ready for bed when your alarm sounds, your teeth will be sparkling clean when your head hits the pillow.
- Rid your home and office of potentially harmful foods. If you have leftover holiday treats, get rid of them. When sugars from junk foods sit on your teeth, decay-causing plaque begins to develop. When plaque builds on your teeth, it can cause cavities and/or gum disease. No need to be wasteful, though; donate your sealed treats to Operation Shoebox or another agency that will send your sweet confections to our military men and women overseas. Whatever you do, make sure they’re not around to tempt you.
- Stop buying soda. It’s that simple. Just stop buying it. If it’s not around, you won’t drink it. If you buy it, you will. Sodas — even diet sodas — contain acids that destroy your enamel, making your teeth more susceptible to decay. Instead of indulging in soda daily, save it for special occasions like going to the movies. Your teeth (and your waistline) will thank you.
- Encourage a friend or loved one to stop neglecting their health and take advantage of the specials that we’re offering to new patients. From free x-rays and exams to discounted cleanings, we have everything it takes to help the people you care about make a commitment to dental health.
Following these five simple steps will lay the groundwork for a year of strong, healthy, and beautiful teeth. Don’t forget to contact my office now to schedule your appointments.